• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kelly12336

What is the name of your state? Alabama, but corporate headquarters is in Mississippi.
I volenteered to go out of state and work for a company that has locations all over the U.S. I stay in a hotel and my transportation is a company truck. I was working in Wyoming where the temps are in the low teens. When I got fired I was told to walk back to the hotel (130miles) or wait for the end of the work day. I was forced to wait in the cold with no shelter, not allowed to even sit in a vehicle for over 7 hours. Is that right? Does the company not have somekind of obligation to make sure I am safe and warm? Now I am very sick, and on my way home to see a doctor. I am having problems breathing and think this is way more than a cold. Is that not inhumane? Can they do that and get away with it? Please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">