• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Renster

Hi

I'm currently in the UK and later today will be sitting in as a witness for a friend facing a discipline.

We work in the catering industry as bar staff and have a policy (however it is verbal and not mentioned in our contracts that it is a must (i have treble read it to make sure)) of up selling drinks. (Would you like a double sir? etc)

A mystery shopper entered our location but my friend had forgotten to up sell the lager being sold but did up sell on snacks.

He received a final score of 79% from the mystery shopper, which is the highest in the unit thus far for this year. Many members of staff have not unsold and have not had to face any action.

I am wondering how the employer can push forwards in this discipline? if it is so possible.
Surely this is a case of unfair treatment, because nobody else has ever been punished for the same problem.

Thank you for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">