• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smtm128

Location Pennsylvania

My employer which is an internet service provider is going around making everyone sign a contract that if they leave the company for ANY reason that they can not go work for a competitor for 2 years.

Several people have refused to sign this agreement and have been told they would not receive paychecks until it is signed.

The problem is my employer is laying off people after this has been signed, making it harder to find a job.

Is this legal? I still have not signed the paper, is it wise not to sign it? What actions can be taken against me if I sign or don't sign it?

There has to be some protection for employees, please help!

K

karapeterson

You don't have to sign anything ......this isnt legal advice..I am not a lawyer..but I know you don't have to.Phone company i use to work for use to do that kind of thing...and fired me anyhow even though i signed their crazy papers...however i didn't sign the last one...my termination notice that was filled with out and out lies about me.Don't do it get out of that job...line employment up and quit before they fire you for some absurd reason like their absurd papers.Do not ever let someone limit your future.Call a competitor now and find someone that respects you as a human being!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">