• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lnibby

i recently filed a small claims complaint in arizona against my boss for failure to pay me current and past paychecks among other monies due to me.

after he received my complaint, he sent me 3 checks, but the problem is that he did not pay me in full, so I plan to attend the scheculed court hearing set for dec 12th.

the question i have is this,,, he wrote on all three checks "paid in full & final satisifaction of any & all comissions. fees, compensation, renumeration earnings , pay, salary and / or wage" i need to know that if I cash these checks, will i be heald to that statement that was typed on the checks? i need to use that money, if I can.

please advise if i can cash the checks and still go to court to get all that is owed to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">