• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mando2642

chicago,

my wife was looking for a full time job, she found it at a retail store .she was hired full time by the manager of the dept. that she was hired for. well 2 months later that manager quit and a new manager came in. when the new manager came in my wifes hours were cut from 35 to 13 a week she let it go because the company was going throgh some kind of reconstruction affecting only managers. weeks later my wife whent to the human resources dept. and ask what was going on why was she getting 13 hors a week when shes full time and is suppoused to get a minimum of 30 hours a week. the h.r. manager told my wife that she was part-time not full time. later on that week seasonal employees were realeased because they were only need it during the holydays. she also noticed that she wasnt on the schedule for that following week. so she called the new manager and ask her why she wasnt on the schedule, the manager responsed was that she had forgotten to tell her that she was a seasonal hired and if she had any questions to go and talk with the store manager. she then whent to speak with the store manager and explained to him what was going on, that she was hired full time not sesonal or part time like the h.r. manager said. the store manager told her that he was sorry for the old manager mistakes and that there was nothing he or the h.r. manager could do to get her the job back. please help do we have a case

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, no. Although I agree it was badly handled, unless you have reason to believe that your wife was singled out because of her age, race, religion, gender, national origin or disability, nothing illegal happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">