• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help w/ discrimination and retaliation lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RFV

California area. I filled a discrimation complaint (ethnicity related) against my former boss and was retaliated against by being fired soon after. I am now suing my former employer and was already offered a settlement amount which was many, many thousands of dollars lower than I demanded; therefore, I did not accept their offer. My attorney keeps asking me for more and more money in advance and I am almost at the point of a financial ruin. I cannot give up my fight for justice because of inability to keep up with legal expenses. Please help. Is there any organization, union (human/social services field), or anyone out there that provides financial support or legal support of some kind to individuals in my situation?

[Edited by RFV on 05-26-2001 at 12:08 AM]

ALawyer

Probably not once a lawyer is involved, at least I don't know of one. Ask the lawyer -- and also see if you can renegotiate fees to provide more of a contingency arrangement.

L

loku

Active Board

This is a very active board and we can not answer all questions. However, a lot of questions are answered by lawyers, see answers by ALawyer and see my answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">