• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help ! Wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ntngminh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

First of all, thank you for the time spending to read my post.

One of my relatives got termination from his job because the management said that one female employee sued him of having sexual affair with her. After one or two meetings without his lawyer, they forced him to sign a paper, then they sent the job termination paper to his house. He said that he did not involve with her in that matter. She was a lazy employee and being a department chief, he had to talk/warn/yell at her for a few times to push her to work. He is 65 years old, married, lived with wife, son, daughter and grandchildren, never had any history of such misconduction after working in that company for 15 continuous years. She is in her 20's, and I think, single. She has been having bad reputation because she went out with a lot of men from work. I did confirm with my relative (the main character) whether he had gone out with her, and he firmly said no.

Note: His English is not well enough to understand formal written English regarding to law.

His family got upset because of the sudden termination, plus his bad reputation. They are trying to find a lawyer for him now.

If you have any advice, please do. Or if you know any lawyer handling cases of this nature, please tell us. We appreciate it. Thank you.

racer72

Nothing in your post suggests the termination was illegal. He can be fired for the color of his shoe laces.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A wrongful termination does not mean that he was fired for something he didn't do. It means that he was fired for a reason prohibited by law.

If his employer believes the female employee and not him, the employer may legally fire him, even if he is mistaken.

Instead of trying to sue the employer for a wrongful term (since he would lose that case) he should instead be asking a lawyer what, if any, action can be taken against the female employee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">