• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Position terminated unfairly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elisa a wood

:confused::confused:What is the name of your state? NC
I was hired on 1/7/08 for an accounting position. I have been working this position for almost two months. I was called in by my HR Dept Dir. on Monday of this week and was told that a mistake was made on their behalf. A credit check shoud of been run prior to them hiring me and someone dropped the ball and one was not done. The error was caught on last Friday and they ran a credit report. Apparently, I did not have the credit score required to work in that particular position and I was told my the HR Dir. I would have to leave my accounting position immidately. I am now forced to look at entry level position with in the firm that pay a lot less and I still have to go throught the same procedure as someone coming off the street to apply. My question is, are they allowed to do this, is this legal?

las365

I am now forced to look at entry level position with in the firm that pay a lot less and I still have to go throught the same procedure as someone coming off the street to apply.
You aren't forced to consider their offer of a lesser position, you can reject it and look for work elsewhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">