• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

positive marijuana drug test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gijones88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

I was fired for a positive drug test for marijuana. The doctor told me my sample had 41 nanograms of metabolite. They say their tests are really accurate but I haven't smoked since high school. Do I have any options or is their test the end all be all?

Beth3

Your employer is free to fire you for a positive drug test, even if the drug test is mistaken. I've never been involved in the actual drug testing process but it seems quite unlikely that the test results are incorrect. Under standard testing procedures, it's my understanding that a positive test results in a portion of the original urine sample be re-tested to ensure the resuls are accurate.

Hot Topic

I've heard that testing a hair sample is more accurate than a urineanalysis because marijuana stays longer in the follicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">