• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible defemation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kage

I work for a large telecommunications company in Kansas City. I am a contractor, paid by another firm. I have recently been told that my contract will not be renewed/extended. That's not the problem. The manager that decided this is a group manager. I have never reported to him, nor worked with or for him directly. He sent an email that stated that my motivation was lacking, that I had no initiative, nor did I have technical skills. This email was accidentally sent to another contracting firm on accident. Additionally, I have emails that directly contradict everything that he has said. Emails praising my work, thanking me for a good job, emails asking how I can help, what needs to be done etc.

As an added bonus, I received a two month extension in November. I have emails from this person at that time stating that he was insisting that my contract be addressed first by the powers that be.

My question here is has he defamed me? Do I have any recourse considering that the email was sent to at least one other contracting firm (that we know of). What should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">