• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smoksal

I am a RN in WI. A charge nurse claimed that she saw found me sleeping however, did not call my name or attempt to wake me.(I was relieving the aide so she could break she was sitting with a pt who was agitated however slept the entire shift). I am hard of hearing so I probably did not hear the door swing open. Apparently, my eyes were closed therefore assumed that I was sleeping. My supervisor approached me 2+wks after the incident and told me that she needs to talk to HR and it could be grounds for termination. Iasked why a charge nurse would not approach me and clarify if I was or wasn't asleep( the room was dark).It has been two days since I spoke with my supervisor and I have heard nothing as to the final outcome. Can I be discharged from my job? Also,Everytime I see her she makes comments in passing about my large family is this a possible harrassment(as though I can't work due to my 4 kids)? thank you cheryl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">