• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible lawsuit of any kind???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AdviceToMe

What is the name of your state? Pa.

Ok, back in 1998 I changed jobs after having been at my previous company ten years. I took the new job as it doubled my salary. After being on the job at the new place for about three months, one of our engineers overheard a company VP telling management that the company had no intentions of keeping our plant running any more than five years which turned out to be true. Before I was laid off in 2001, I was injured on the job and was under restrictions therefore got on comp when I was laid off and have been on it ever since.

My question is this. Can I submit a lawsuit against this company for hiring me away from a steady job when they knew perfectly well they were going to shut the place down? If I can get a sworn affidavidate from that engineer about what he heard, can I sue this employer for basically hiring me away from steady work then shuttering the plant and ruining my life? They have recalled everyone from layoff except me as my inujury prevents me from doing the heavy aspect of the work.

I have a deep resentement for this place after they injured me then kicked me to the curb. I have been told that my injury will never be right and that i'll have to live in pain the rest of my life. This automatically puts me at a disadvantage against a healthy employee when applying for a job. I want to nail this company any way I possibly can for ruining everything for me!

S

seniorjudge

AdviceToMe said:
What is the name of your state? Pa.

Ok, back in 1998 I changed jobs after having been at my previous company ten years. I took the new job as it doubled my salary. After being on the job at the new place for about three months, one of our engineers overheard a company VP telling management that the company had no intentions of keeping our plant running any more than five years which turned out to be true. Before I was laid off in 2001, I was injured on the job and was under restrictions therefore got on comp when I was laid off and have been on it ever since.

My question is this. Can I submit a lawsuit against this company for hiring me away from a steady job when they knew perfectly well they were going to shut the place down? If I can get a sworn affidavidate from that engineer about what he heard, can I sue this employer for basically hiring me away from steady work then shuttering the plant and ruining my life? They have recalled everyone from layoff except me as my inujury prevents me from doing the heavy aspect of the work.

I have a deep resentement for this place after they injured me then kicked me to the curb. I have been told that my injury will never be right and that i'll have to live in pain the rest of my life. This automatically puts me at a disadvantage against a healthy employee when applying for a job. I want to nail this company any way I possibly can for ruining everything for me!

Q: Can I submit a lawsuit against this company for hiring me away from a steady job when they knew perfectly well they were going to shut the place down?

A: Yes, but I doubt that you would win. It's not against the law to close your business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">