• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible libel lawsuit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sixpackofduff

What is the name of your state? South Carolina. I was terminated from my job recently due to failing a drug screen (cocaine) at my place of employment. I was administered an oral swab and the specimen was mailed to a lab, which notified me about a week later that I had come up positive for cocaine, a drug I have never used.. I was effectively and imediately terminated despite my protestation that I be retested. I took it upon myself to pay for a hair test following my termination because a hair drug test will identify drug use further into the past than any other form of drug screen. Of course, the hair test came back negative for cocaine. I am not interested in having my employment restored at my previous employer, however, I am interested in suing the lab that my employer used for defamation, or perhaps more specifically, slander. Do I have a winnable case?

Beth3

I am interested in suing the lab that my employer used for defamation, or perhaps more specifically, slander. Do I have a winnable case? Not for either of those causes as that is not the legal issue here. The issue is whether the lab or the collection site were negligent in their chain-of-custody or testing procedures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">