• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it possible for me to find out who has pulled my MVR?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fred2013

What is the name of your state - Ohio

Hello,

I work for a major university in Ohio, and I have made several unsuccessful attempts to get a better job at this University (my child is attending this school, and gets a major tuition break because I work there. He has just over a year to go before he graduates, so I am tied to working there until he does). About ten years ago, I got a DUI in Michigan. I understand that a DUI from Michigan stays on your record for life, and that most states share this information with each other upon request.

My question is this: is it possible to see who has pulled my MVR, just as I can see who has pulled my credit report? I know the police can most likely see it if they run my license, but what about a potential employer, who may pull it as part of a background check?

I have a feeling the DUI may be a reason I am being screened out, but I want to know for sure if it has actually been seen.

Thank you for your help.

fred2013

If the DUI were the reason you are being screened out, what good would it do you to know this?
Because I would know. It would suck, but at least I would know.

The problem is I don't know, and finding out if my potential employer has seen my MVR can help me know one way or the other. Do you know if it's possible for me to do that?

swalsh411

I'm pretty sure that your driving record cannot be pulled without your permission.

Are you asked to disclose the DUI during the application process?

Have you tried to contact the DMV?

fred2013

I'm pretty sure that your driving record cannot be pulled without your permission.

Are you asked to disclose the DUI during the application process?

Have you tried to contact the DMV?
There is a box on all university applications requesting access to information for a background check, so they are looking to see if I have some kind of criminal record.

I have not yet contacted the DMV.

davew128

I'm pretty sure that it can. It's how newspapers know the number of moving violations on a driver's record when they report it in news stories involving that person. It's a public record if nothing else.

FlyingRon

DUI has been a crime in Ohio for over 30 years. If you got a DUI, it's public knowledge along with the rest of your criminal record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">