• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible public sector employee terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

constance bradford

I am being terminated from a nonprofit organization that is associated with the city government. The nonprofit company was established to monitor empowerment zone funds granted by the federal government. the city established to organization to monitor those funds. i believe this makes me a public employee. after only 6 months of employment, i was terminated for no reason. my position was moved to parttime and i was not considered for the position. i was hired under management that was recently "put out" through political manuevering. my guess is i was fired because i was hired by previous management. however, new management told me that my termination "has nothing to do with me" and was even given a recommendation letter by boss. they expect me to accept about 2 weeks pay and leave. they have not requested that i sign anything. i would like to receive a severance package of at least 3 to 6 months, since i did not have a clue of my termination. what are my options? if any?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">