• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dorettab

My daughter has been working for a major restaurant chain for approximately 2 1/2 years. When she was hired her hair color was bleached blonde, a very unnatural color. Since then, however, she has changed her color to a light brown with highlights, very natural looking I think. Last week management told her and a few other girls that they had to change their hair color by the 1st of the new year or lose their jobs. Management told her that her hair color is very unnatural looking. I tend to disagree with this as I think the other color was very unnatural. They told her that this was the policy all along but they never enforced it, now they are. They should not have hired her in the beginning if this was the case. She told me that their is another employee that has the same color of hair as her and that she was not given the ultimatum. I tend to think that this is their way of getting rid of employees that they don't like. She is a very good employee, but she does speak her mind. Can management do this? We live in the state of California.

On an added note, they hired her at age 16 1/2 without a work permit. Can they be fined for this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">