• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

map4822

I live in Virginia and I a sales representative for a large building material company. My supervisor is requiring me to get a personal credit card to pay for my monthly expenses for which I am reimbursed for. But I'm in a situation where I cannot be approved for a credit card. Is this something that I may be terminated over? This was not discussed in the hiring process. I was just told that I would have to pay for my own gas and be reimbursed for that each month. Any advice would be helpful.

swalsh411

There is no law which says you cannot be terminated for this reason.

If you are termianted, file for unemployment while you look for another job.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I live in Virginia and I a sales representative for a large building material company. My supervisor is requiring me to get a personal credit card to pay for my monthly expenses for which I am reimbursed for. But I'm in a situation where I cannot be approved for a credit card. Is this something that I may be terminated over? This was not discussed in the hiring process. I was just told that I would have to pay for my own gas and be reimbursed for that each month. Any advice would be helpful.
You can purchase any type of pre-paid credit card. I've got a pre-paid Shell card floating around somewhere. I've also had a couple of pre-paid Visa cards from Wal-Mart. Put what you think you'll spend for the first month on it and then when you start receiving reimbursement, place that on the card. :cool:

eerelations

Again though, if you don't get a credit card, pre-paid or otherwise, and your supervisor fires you, this would be a legal termination.

Beth3

Is this something that I may be terminated over? Yes, although it would be a dumb reason to terminate you.

As suggested above, why don't you see if you can get a pre-paid credit card? If that is not feasible, then you need to explain the situation to your supervisor and see if some solution/resolution is possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">