• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible termination for requesting transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bmxmally

What is the name of your state?Florida

I moved to Florida after a transfer with my company six months ago. I originally put in for the transfer, but after numerous family issues, I have requested a move back. I now hear that a suprise visit and audit is scheduled for my store. Could this be some kind of recourse to find reason for termination and if so, are there any legal grounds for this action?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing in your post even remotely suggests that they are looking for a reason to terminate you; nor would it be illegal if it were.

In an at-will state, which is every state except Montana and even includes Montana in some circumstances, you can quit at any time and for any reason and you can be fired at any time and for any reason except one specfically prohibited by law. All they have to do is say, "bmxmally, your services are no longer required"; they don't have to go looking for excuses to fire you.

Unless you have left out major facts, however, I think you are looking for problems that don't exist.

Beth3

Ditto. Your employer doesn't need a reason to fire you. All they need to tell you is, "Thanks but your services are no longer required." They don't have to go to the trouble and expense of conducting an audit to try and find some dirt so they can let you go. I think you're jumping to conclusions here and worrying over nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">