• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post resignation commissions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

medicalsalesguy

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am in the process of resigning my sales position in a medical company in Fl. I understand that the company is obligated to pay me commissions for any deals I have signed quotations on within 30 days, regardless of if they have received funds from the customer or they may be liable for triple damages plus costs. I am not sure what the FL statute is on this, but I know there is one.

The company also had a mandatory shut down period between Christmas and New Years last year for which they paid me using 2008 PTO hours, thus giving me a negative PTO balance. It should be noted that there is no policy whatsoever about how much PTO of any kind I should receive on a yearly basis. The company is very poor at maintaining policies.

Please answer the following questions:

1) What is the # of the Florida Statute for receiving commissions after resignation.

2) Can my employer "dock" me for the negative balance on my PTO for their mandatory shut down?

3) I have a substantial bit of their equipment which was issued to me, but never documented. Can I hold this until I receive my commissions?

4) Can I get in any trouble for keeping copies of signed quotes after my resignation?

Beth3

1) What is the # of the Florida Statute for receiving commissions after resignation. None that I know of. The only wage and hour law Florida has regards minimum wage - and that's new for them.

2) Can my employer "dock" me for the negative balance on my PTO for their mandatory shut down? Yes - they advanced you pay.

3) I have a substantial bit of their equipment which was issued to me, but never documented. Can I hold this until I receive my commissions? Sure - if you'd like your employer to be able to file a criminal complaint with the police for theft of company property.

4) Can I get in any trouble for keeping copies of signed quotes after my resignation? Yes. That is the company's property, not yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">