• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

postal confusion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

postaljen

What is the name of your state? NC

I am confused about hiring laws for the USPS. I have had 3 interviews and in all 3 there were veterns and they were automatically hired. And second, in the last interview a woman that I was interviewed along with was hired before myself, it is not that she couldn't do the job, it is the fact that I work as a casual "temporary" employ for 3 years and know who to do any of the things they would ask in the job that I appled for. :confused: & :mad:

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And your question is?

If it's whether or not the USPS is required to give you preference in hiring because you've worked as a temporary employee, the answer is no, they are not.

And federal government employers, like the postal service will ALWAYS give preferential treatment to hiring vets. Nothing illegal about that either in the public sector.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Maybe she had experience elsewhere. Maybe she had job skills you don't. Maybe you're too valubable where you are. Maybe they don't like you.

Without having seen her resume, or yours, how can you possibly expect us to know?

The fact remains that they are not required to hire you just because you've worked there as a temp.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">