• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posted positions already filled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

parmoos

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I recently interviewed for two new positions in my company only to be told by the manager that she had already made offers to outside applicants. It became clear that the jobs were intended for people she had worked with at an outside company even before the positions became "available" internally, and that opening the job up to internal applicants was merely a formality. Is this legal? What obligations does a company have to interview internal applicants and offer them a "fair shot" before offering a job to someone on the outside? Thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Is this legal? Yes.

What obligations does a company have to interview internal applicants and offer them a "fair shot" before offering a job to someone on the outside? None whatsoever, unless a binding and enforceable contract says otherwise.

Sockeye

The only bad business here is that the Manager told you they had filled the spots before looking inside. Should have kept that under his tight little cap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">