• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xyzeon

Texas,

In TWC or Federal Guideline, employer is required to post certain posters for employees and applicants...say FMLA......is there any incentive for an employee to sue for such enforment? Are there any damage suffers by an employee if such poster are not posted and yet if things happened, the employer do the legally correct thing?

Also does FMLA applies to non-exempt employees?

Thanks for your help...

eerelations

FMLA applies to all employees (exempt and non-exempt) who work for companies with 50 or more employees who work within a 75 mile radius (I may have got the radius number wrong here, esteemed colleagues please step in with the correct number if necessary) of each other.

If a company is not posting legally-mandated informational posters at its workplaces, the appropriate thing for employees to do is to call the relevant government agencie(s) and report the company. The agency will then deal with the company directly. I don't believe trying to sue the company for not posting posters will get you enywhere.

I don't know if companies are required to post FMLA informational posters. Contact the federal department of labor to find out.

pattytx

And yes, FMLA applies to all employees who meet the criteria, exempt and non-exempt, part-time and full-time, blue and green, assuming the employer is subject.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">