• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-Employment Drug Screening

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

d2001cm

Texas...... If I failed my pre-employment drug test for a new job, and it was because of a prescription drug, and I told them about, gave them all the information to contact my doctor to verify that I was prescibed this drug. If they don't hire me because I failed the drug test, is this illegal. I have never failed a drug test before, as a matter of fact, I have never done an illeagal drug in my life. If this is illegal, what can I do?

Beth3

Yes, it's legal.

When a drug test comes up positive at the lab, the MRO (medical review officer) contacts the individual to inquire about any prescription or other substances they are taking which may account for a positive or false positive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">