• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pre employment drug test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arizona12

ct

So I was contacted about a month ago by a staffing agency to interview with a job that has some federal contracts. The staffing agency has never mentioned a possible drug test. They sent me a letter outlining my first day which instructed me where to get my badge and where to meet my manager. That letter also mentions nothing about a drug test. I've met with the actual company I have been working with twice and they never mentioned a drug test. I start in 10 days, and am getting paranoid that they might drug test me on the first day. I was just wondering if you guys think I will have a test? Who is responsible for a drug test anyways the staffing agency( who pays me) or the actual company I will be working for on a contracted basis. I'm just worried the answer is going to be the latter since I havent had much contact with them. Any help would be much appreciated.

mlane58

ct

So I was contacted about a month ago by a staffing agency to interview with a job that has some federal contracts. The staffing agency has never mentioned a possible drug test. They sent me a letter outlining my first day which instructed me where to get my badge and where to meet my manager. That letter also mentions nothing about a drug test. I've met with the actual company I have been working with twice and they never mentioned a drug test. I start in 10 days, and am getting paranoid that they might drug test me on the first day. I was just wondering if you guys think I will have a test? Who is responsible for a drug test anyways the staffing agency( who pays me) or the actual company I will be working for on a contracted basis. I'm just worried the answer is going to be the latter since I havent had much contact with them. Any help would be much appreciated.
Why are you so worried about it?

ecmst12

10 days isn't long enough for a regular smoker. You should know to stop while you are looking for a job. Better have a backup plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">