• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-Employment Testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

manda23

I recently applied for a job in customer service in North Dakota that was near to minimum wage. I have had 4 years prior experience in customer service.

They made me walk in, sit down and take a 200 question multiple choice test. There was no interview, no reference or background checks. No one even talked to me besides saying hello when I sat down to take the test.

The test required me to rate my personality on a 1-10 scale. I was honest, and gave myself 7's and 8's,. Apparently they require a lot of 10's. The woman came back, said my test was rejected by the computer, and showed me the door.

The manager did not tell me where I went wrong. I was told that the computer rejected the test. I was not given an opportunity to view the test, an opportunity for an interview, and I was humiliated in front of other applicants as well as customers by the manager telling me I was not good enough.

There were some questions on there that were questionable. Questions like: Do you party a lot and do you party hard? I thought personal questions were illegal?

Should I drop it and forget about it, or did they do something they shouldn't have?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">