• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant in hostile environment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Singlemom26

I told my employer at three months gestation of my pregnancy, at that time I was asked if I was keeping the unborn child. Since then I have been threatned with "firing on the spot" & given unfairly counseltations about my monthly doctor's appointments. My doctor's office was even contacted to get my personal information. I contacted my corporate office about this, an investigation was completed I was informed that My supervisor and Manager (two different people) were not aware that their questions made me uncomfortable and the other insidents were just company policy or otherwise justified. I was told I had no reason to persue any other counsel, I have no case. After the investigation, my supervisor walked by my desk and said in a voice so that I could hear him the word "Tattler". My question is, Do I have a case? Is it too late now? I am now in my seventh month of gestation. I live in Indiana, and would be what you call an "at will" employee. Under a lot of stress, so much that my doctor prescribed rest for me in my fourth month. This is obviously hostile, what do I do now? I'm afraid that I may not last at this job until my water breaks. Please Help

Thanks for listening,

Singlemom26

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">