• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Preparing Mega Civil Suit in Federal Court-

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IceBlue

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Western District Federal Court, Pennsylvania
For two Young People
Against 2 major Corporations and 1 subsidiary
Grounds:
Sexual Harassment
Intimidation
Malicious Firing
Discrimination
Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
Bullying of Subordinates
Extreme Violations of Title VII Labor Laws
Allowing an Uncertified, Untrained, Unsupervised Employee to Operate Heavy Equipment
Violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act
All of Which created Undue Hardship and a Hostile Work Environment
Malicious Intent to Defraud Victims
Malicious Intent to Defame
Malicious Disregard in that the Stated Grounds for Dismissal will affect any Chance of Future Employment
Collusion Between **** Employees Placed by **** and
**** Employees at **** Career Staffing
Regarding:
Manipulation of Plaintiffs' Work Records
Firing and Rehiring of Plaintiffs Without Their Knowledge
Termination for A Fraudulent Reason via WirelessTelephone
No Recourse or Investigation of Whether Charges Were True
Resulting in:
Lack of Computer Verification of Termination to Company Security
Lack of Computer Verification of Termination to Client Company
Denial of Earned Compensation and Bonuses
Nonpayment of Final Earned Wages
Denial of Unemployment Benefits
Denial of Emergency Benefits

There is more, but this is the nub. These Plaintiffs are 21 and 24 respectively.
Both had registered complaints with a supervisor they thought they could trust. Within 24 hours, both were *terminated.*
I can elaborate if you are interested in helping me because it is complicated and one of the most despicable acts of inhumane disregard I think I have ever encountered short of beheading. These people think they have built an impenetrable firewall and it would be to two young laborers new to a workforce. But for one jealous supervisor who made arrogant mistakes, this would not be possible. This supervisor went over his own supervisor's head, relayed his charge to someone who had absolutely no knowledge, and it was done between the time the plaintiffs left work and when they arrived home, less than an hour.
It was done by this supervisor out of misplaced jealousy as one is male and one is female and he believed the girl had rejected him for the male in question. The young man is my son. The girl has been married for 6 years and has a 5 year old child. This supervisor started his job exactly 2 weeks before these terminations. The hassle began from the instant the three met.
His reason for discharging them could prevent them from ever having any real gainful employment for the rest of their lives.
If you would like to throw some help in here, I could not be more grateful because these are companies who think they can bankrupt you before it all plays out.
Thanks in advance.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think you may be overestimating the limits of a message board. That is, if you are looking for someone to help you prepare the case.

If you are looking for an attorney to take the case for you, you're in the wrong place (though not the wrong site). If you look at the top of the screen, you will see a Find A Lawyer section.

Katy W.

You may want to call OSHA about the heavy equipment complaint.

Are you related to Josh?

edited: Oh come on, discuss the merits with the OP.

Last edited:

IceBlue

Lol

No, not related to Josh. Josh looked like he was running a scheme. Believe me, this is no playing around. I'm not looking for an attorney either though. This really is my son's life I have at heart...and no money for big-time. Know most of what I need, but looking for anything, anything, anything I might have missed here.
Have already sent Notice of Intent to all the companies involved, one to my Senator, and am awaiting final receipt from Japan. Have journalists from several major financial publications and area publications on alert for 21 days after final receipt is in my hands.
I'm not playing and will do everything in my power including requesting a federal investigation if I have to.

IceBlue

cbg

Is there some particular reason why you *won't touch this one?* Is is so out of the realm that you can't help at all, or is it more than I should have expected? There are many ways to come at this. I am trying desperately to find the right one. That's all.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Several reasons:

1.) You have provided no facts whatsoever, just a list of accusations, some of which, btw, don't exist in law (bullying of subordinates, for example, and that's only one)
2.) Even if you had irrefutable proof of each and every one of your accusations, what you ask is far to big a job for someone whose only contact with you being on the other side of a computer screen.
3.) What you ask could conceivably be looked at as practicing law without a license. I am not an attorney. I am a Human Resources professional. As such I have to know employment law as well or better than an attorney does, but I am not licensed to practice law. And even if I were, I am not in your state. Or even your District.
4.) Your answers to at least one other question indicate that you do not know the law very well, and I am not willing to simply take your word for it.

There's more, but that's enough to go on for now.

I will tell you this, though. For several of the accusations you MUST have a right to sue letter from either the EEOC or your state's discrimination board. That is not optional; that is mandatory. Your son and the young woman (NOT YOU - you have no standing to file) MUST file a complaint with one agency or the other, or both, for any charge of discrimination, sexual harassment, or any violation of Title VII or the ADA. Until this is done, AND they have the right to sue letter, no lawsuit can be filed.

Time limits exist, so if they have not filed such complaints, they'd better get moving.

rmet4nzkx

PLEASE do as CBG says.

PLEASE consult an attorney in employment law or one with a track record in this type of case at the federal/state level, also consider the case at a state level.

Consulting an attorney/s will give you an idea of what you have to prove, to get anywhere in court and remember, going in pro se puts you up against the big boys who can wear you down if there is even the slightest chink in your armor. You may, if you have a case with strong merit, find an attorney willing to take the case on part/contingency. There is no way to tell until you get out there and start looking. That means organizing what you think you have as a case and all your evidence etc. Search the internet for similar cases, taking careful note as to whether they are state or federal, research, keeping in mind statute of limitations and reasearch. Research in pro se litigation.

The reference to Josh was not made without due caution, he is an in pro se litigant who 2 years after filing his complaint still didn't know how to serve papers, and thus far does not have any standing to sue or merit to his case. Just because you can file doesn't mean you have a case or a case that will win. He, by not seeking appropriate and competent counsel has essentially no chance to win his lawsuit even if he has some merit within his causes of action. That is why CBG, Katy, I and everyone else will strongly suggest you seek counsel in a timely manner, this is too important and too difficult to do without competent counsel.

There really is a reason for the saying, "He who represents himself in court, has a fool for a client!"

M

meganproser

An estimated 80% of civil lawsuits are being filed Pro Se. I don't imagine ALL of those suits are really being handled directly by the plaintiff, but that is what the law requires.

I know how much you WANT to do this for these kids, but if it comes out that you are the one doing all the work, you and THEY will be in trouble. THEY have to sign all of the filings, claiming they are representing themselves.

You could outsource some things, such as the handling of depositions, but then there will be hearings where the judge speaks directly to the plaintiffs. If you outsource all personal appearances, the judge will know they are NOT representing themselves.

If this case is so solid, look for an attorney who will take it on a contingency.

You Are Guilty

meganproser said:
An estimated 80% of civil lawsuits are being filed Pro Se.
If that number is correct (I doubt it is), then 90% of pro se cases are filed by prisoners with nothing better to do, so the statistics are essentially meaningless.

rmet4nzkx

You Are Guilty said:
If that number is correct (I doubt it is), then 90% of pro se cases are filed by prisoners with nothing better to do, so the statistics are essentially meaningless.
There are small claims and many family law cases and protective orders all of which are civil and many in pro per/se however none of that or the cited statistic is relevant to your case, don't be drawn off tract. Please focus on your son/friend's interest and in seeking competent and appropriate counsel before moving forward with their possible lawsuit.. When you consult attorneys, they should also inform you of the various possible statute of limitations and required complaints and notices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">