• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pressured to quit for religious reasons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

youngalky

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CA

I was employed with a company for about 5 months. I was pressured into leaving because: 1, I wasn't willing to commit to 50+ hours a week, and 2, I didn't share the same religious beliefs as my superior. I have documentation of the latter, including an email my superior wrote to his pastor, saying that I had tried to "distract him from God's plan." (I had talked to him about following his dreams instead of working a dead end job). Is it legal to push an employee to leave because you think they are trying to "distract you from God's plan"? What recourse do I have?

Beth3

Exactly how were you pressured into leaving? You didn't provide any information as to what your boss said or did on that score.

You Are Guilty

Beth3 said:
Exactly how were you pressured into leaving? You didn't provide any information as to what your boss said or did on that score.
You have the patience of a saint. (If they ever reply, I will save you space my favorite brick wall to bang your head against.)

HomeGuru

You Are Guilty said:
You have the patience of a saint. (If they ever reply, I will save you space my favorite brick wall to bang your head against.)

**A: it's all in God's plan. Beth3 is the unknown angel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">