• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prior arrests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tmcb

new jersey.I have a shoplifting charge from 15 years ago,and a drunk and disorderly from even longer ago.I am retiring from my full time job in the next year.If I were to get a part-time job should I try to have these removed(expunged) from my record,or can I not include these on an application?

T

troynsam

Employers can only ask about felonies on applications. In most states, including the one I live in, they do not ask about misdemeanors, unless the job involves driving, in which case they run a traffic report from the DMV. I employ several people, and personally, I do not let something as trivial as what you mentioned, and that happened years before, affect my hiring decisions. If I was in your shoes, I would not even include those infractions on an application. Those are ancient history! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">