• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dbo

I had a positive drug screening result for amphetamines. My doctor has written letter about the results,however innocent or guilty my supervisor told several co-workers prior to any charges being filed about the results and told them if I would not accept/admitt to drug use, I would be suspended without pay. I am now suspended w/o pay or health insurance.
Management has\offered to reinstate with full pay and benefits, however does not want to allow my vacation time nor reimburse for lost wages during suspension. I will survive the charges and demand hearing, then trial if I have to, I am not a drug user sociable,or otherwise. I want to know if I have any recourse against the blabber-mouth supervisor?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Read definitions of libel and slander and go from there. You will find the link below.

Slander per se:
(1) loathsome disease,
(2) criminal conduct,
(3) imputation of unchastity,
(4) slander of a person's trade or profession

Read all of the following: http://injury-law.freeadvice.com/libel_and_slander/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">