• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

privacy in the workplace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karavs12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I was working for two subways under the same owner. I was supposed to be working every wednesday at one and whenever at the other. A couple days ago I was informed that i was not to work over there anymore. I asked her why and she said it was between me and the manager over there. Now working tonight a few of the girls had told me that my manager who told me she couldn't tell me, told all of them. Not only that she said it was my fault that their hours were getting cut because of me. I also talked to her in confident about how i felt about one of the employees i was working with and the next day she told the employee exactly what i said when it was supposed to stay between her and I , the same goes for my other manager at the store i was fired from. I told her that what i did not like about her ( because she had asked) and she went to her and told her and then all of a sudden i was not allowed to work at that store. I'm just confused about my privacy and confidentiality in the workplace.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
With the exception of certain medical information, you have next to no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in the workplace.

Hot Topic

There's a certain level of maturity expected when you're working. You're talking to your managers, not your bf. You don't have to like someone to work with them. If you want to criticize someone, be a big girl and stand behind what you said instead of expecting someone to cover for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">