• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probationary employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stacy1299

NC. I was a police officer in NC. I was called in and told that a recommendation for termination was being sent to the city manager. I immediately turned in my resignation due to the fact that I was not allowed to appeal. The reasons for the termination recommendation were explained to me, type professionally on paper and a copy was given to me. The allegations of policy violations are false the way they are written and luckily for me I have proof of this. I know that we all say that a probationary employee can be terminated without reason. If the reasons are given to me, documented and are proven false, what course of action do I have? I am not wanting my job back. The defamation that is in my employee file is my main concern. I have consulted with an attorney and have been told that I have a case and civil rights could come into play. Anyone know of any similar cases? Probationary or not, there has to be something that protects employees on a civil level from false allegations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">