• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problem with manager

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prfoster

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Granddaughter works at McDonalds. Has been a good employee for about 8 months. Was asked to become a manager. Has had a problem with one particular manager of another race. The manager had gone out of her way to hold granddaughter back. Gave the manager study book to someone else after it was promised to granddaughter, told her she was not manager material, tried everyhting to keep in the "bad" with other managers. Last week she asked to get her paycheck on Thrusday evening instead of Friday, becuase her and her family were going on vacation Friday morning early. The manager in question said absolutely not! So granddaughter said ok, and walked away. Then on Thursday afternoon at around 3, another employee asked the manager on duty, not the manager in question here) if they could get their paycheck then. The manager on duty gave the employee her check, so my grandaughter asked if she could have hers too. They gave it to her. Someone called the manager in question and told them Granddaughter got her check. The manager called the store and asked to talk to my granddaughter, who was still working, and she yelled and called her names and told her she had to give her check back immmedetly, but the other employees that got their check were ok. Granddaughter said well thats a bitch! The manager threatened her and called her names. Pretty bad racial names. Then when she came back from vacation, they would not talk to her. whenever she called they hung up, and the manager on duty that day would not take her calls. Now they are having a meeting about the incident tomorrow and granddaughter is not invited. An employee called my granddaughter Monday night and told her she was fired. She is very upset and doesn't want to lose a job she really likes. Any ideas on what she should do now?

Beth3

Apparently there's a whole slew of managers at this establishment. Who's the owner - or at least the senior manager in charge? That's who your daughter needs to speak with to see if this there's an opportunity to work through this situation and for your granddaughter to keep her job.

I'm not remotely excusing this manager's behavior but your granddaughter made a couple of mistakes here too.

prfoster

yep, she knows she made a mistake, but no one will let her talk to the "head" manager. They tell her they don't know the manager's phone number or they just hang up. She is getting the cold sholder from everyone there, and isn't allowed to defend herself!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">