• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problem with same level employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blake37615

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was working at a place called Advanced Call Center Technologies, in Johnson City, TN....I was offered and accepted another job at a more prestigious company. I told me Manager it was my last day and I had to fill out my own termination papers. Now the problem, A co-worker of mine has stated to several people that she is going to try everything including calling someone at the HR department of my new company and getting me unhired. She was and still is the same thing I was a Team Lead. While I was there we were not allowed to talk to anyone that called in about any of the employees. Do I have any grounds against her if she does say anything? It was basically due to her stating age discrimination retoric about some of the older female employees that made me quit to begin with. There are several other things that caused me to quit as wel but that was the major one......

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
She can SAY anything she wants. You only have a case against her if she SUCCEEDS in getting you fired from your new job. And only then if she says anything that you can prove she knew was untrue.

Beth3

As cbg said, until she actually does this AND you suffer damages as a result, you have no legal claim. There's nothing to prevent you from contacting your former Manager and telling him/her what this person is threatening and see if s/he'll have a word with this employee. Because this employee is a Team Lead, she could cause your former employer some legal difficulties if she actually follows through with this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">