• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

procedure of evaluation illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bking77

I was fired from my job, a RV manufacturer plant, about 16 months ago and just recently was told I may have a case for the wrongfull way I was given my eval. Two days before I was fired the plant supervisor and the assist. plant supv. called me, as well as 8 or 9 of my fellow co-workers, to the office for a meeting. The meeting was an evaluation to all of us, one at a time , with the others standing around in the same room and the office door was open. We could see other office personell at their desks outside the room. They informed us of where we stood with attendance and tardys and what date we would have a clean slate. I read on another web site they have to do that one on one and in private. Do I have a case here?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. They are not required to do evaluations at all; there are no laws regarding how it needs to be done. While I don't at all agree with the method they used, it is not illegal. What's more, the method that they used to do your evaluation has nothing whatsoever to do with whether your firing was legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">