• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Procedure to secure unpaid reimbursements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

psulli

Procedure to secure unpaid reimbursements after layoff??

Hello,

I was "laid off" from a company in Bloomington, Indiana on Friday, August 3. Although I received a small severance pay, and my two weeks vacation, I, of course lost all of my sick leave.

However, I am normally reimbursed for mileage accrued on company business, as well as the monthly charge for my cellular phone bill. Since I was separated from the company after the first of the month, I was told I would receive my mileage payments and cell payment after the first of September when the normal cycle is processed. It is now Sept 23, and I have not received my payment. This is normally sent to the personnel not later than the 10th of the month.

I have written several times, and they refuse to respond. I plan on sending a certified letter tomorrow in order to have documentation that I am contacting them, but wanted some guidance in what I should say and who I should contact to pursue my employer for the unpaid funds.

Thank you

Elizabeth

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">