• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promised bonus paid to some, not all

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HowardC

My fiancee's company announced they would be moving out of state. They issued a written policy whereby those not quitting, and not laid off, would get retention bonuses. Many, many months have past, and she has not been offered the bonus....and we have found out that others have been paid, but told to "keep it quiet." We know at least 4 people by name to whom that happened. She is afraid to complain. I also think they will renege on the written "termination package" they promised when it expires at the end of this year. I think they are holding on to employees until then to avoid paying the bonus. What are her rights, any suggestions? Is there something she can do anonymously...for example, ask a state agency to look at the files for all employees, or, maybe, think about a class action lawsuit? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">