• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

promised a job that fell threw

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weebles68

What is the name of your state? oregon. i am a nurse. my husband and i are moving to oregon and i was promised a job at a local hospital. my husband and i were both told of my bennefits and the sign on bonus and that we would be moved by the hospital. now it is two weeks before the move and i am being told that all jobs must have VP. approval, and that there is a large possibility that i will not have a job waiting for me when we arrive, as i was promised. what if any recourse/ choices do i have?

BelizeBreeze

None at this point. You have not lost anything and you have not told us if the move is your decision or the hospital's.

weebles68

does it matter if the move was my idea? (which it was). i have lost the thousands of dollars in moving costs and sign on bonuses, and not to mention that i have lost the income that i would be recieving... however i am not looking to gain the money. what i want is to know if they are obligated to still give me the job?

BelizeBreeze

weebles68 said:
does it matter if the move was my idea? (which it was).
of course not. I just asked that question because I like asking totally irrelevant questions.
i have lost the thousands of dollars in moving costs and sign on bonuses, and not to mention that i have lost the income that i would be recieving...
All of these losses are your own fault. Not the employers.
however i am not looking to gain the money. what i want is to know if they are obligated to still give me the job?
They are not obligated to give you anything.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If they had asked you to move out there and you had made the decision to do so solely on the basis of their offer, then MAYBE, depending on the exact circumstances, you MIGHT have some kind of legal recourse against them. Since you made the decision to move independent of their offer, you have no cause of action against them; they have no legal obligation to give you this or any other job; and they do not owe you a thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">