• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

promised renewal friday - terminated monday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juliusw1873

What is the name of your state? Ohio On Friday i was promised several times a renewal of my contract with a private university in front of a witness. On monday I was called in an given a termination & nonrenewal of contract as i "did not fit". I had been with the oraganization for more than 7 months, completed 90 day probation, and had no known complaints - direct supervisor (younger female) made decision to terminate. My qualifications exceed hers according to HR. Her supervisor is the one who has to sign offf & approve contracts and had assured me several times I was being renewed and was valuable to institution. I am in 50's male & have owned and operated similar retail establishments succesfully for a number of years. Believe that age & gender discrimination is factor as she indicated to me & her supervisor that she felt i wanted her job & was more qualified.Evaluation said that i gave exceptional customer service, showed good initiative, trustworthy, dependable, etc.
suggestions & comments welcome.

Beth3

as she indicated to me & her supervisor that she felt i wanted her job & was more qualified. If your supervisor feels insecure in her position, that does not equal age and/or gender discrimination. You could be of the same age and gender as she and she could still well feel the same way.

If you believe your employment was terminated because of your age or gender, you're free to file a complaint with your State's equal rights division or the federal EEOC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">