• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promotion could be denied because of credit rating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

g_host

What is the name of your state?Missouri

I have been working for a large "retail lending company"for 6 years. I was promoted to store manager. My company now says that my promotion could be recalled based on my credit rating. Although the company no longer pulls a credit report for new hires. When I was hired I did pass the company credit check,but now affraid that I will not. Do I have any recourse if promotion is denied.

Beth3

Sorry, no. Requiring an adequate credit rating is extremely common in the lending and financial industry. It's unfortunate they didn't check your credit rating before promoting you but if the demote you for this reason, nothing illegal will have transpired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">