• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

public school teachers' contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BetzV

I am a new public school teacher who was hired in August. I signed a contract to teach in my district for 2 years, unless my work was found to be unsatisfactory. If I wish to leave the district my contract says to give 60 days notice. I have hated my job since day one and wish to leave immediately. I have been under a doctor's care since I started for high blood pressure, stress, and depression. My doctor has even given me a note saying that I should leave the position immediately for health reasons. Can I or will I be sued for breach of contract if I do not give 60 days notice? Can my union assist me with this? I have had such severe anxiety attacks this week that I have not been able to work. I have been out sick all week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">