• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Qualify?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pictorious

What is the name of your state? PA

Since my boss found out I had a job interview on Friday, he fired me on Thursday. Am I no longer entitled to Unemployment Comp because I pretty much caused my own situation??

Beth3

On the contrary, it's quite likely you will be eligible for UC benefits. You should apply right away.

Interviewing for another job does not constitute "willful misconduct."

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That's going to be up to PA state law. You have nothing whatsoever to lose by applying for benefits.

BTW, I have some experience with PA unemployment, and I'm betting that you WILL qualify. Can't say for absolutely certain, since much depends on the exact circumstances, but I'll be surprised if you are denied benefits (unless there's something you're not telling us).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">