• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about arbitration/mediation, sort of.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meddjay

I live in Arizona and have filed a suit in Federal Court (9th District) against my past employer which is the Federal Government. I am awaiting the waiver of service reply at this time. What I want to accomplish here, is not necessarily a lawsuit (because I don't think I will win the suit, because I am unrepresented and acting Pro Se, not because I would be in the wrong), so being realistic about my chances all I really wanted to do was to get them to talk to me about this termination, but they never would, thus the lawsuit.

My question is: Can I write a letter to their lawyer (who is the United States District Attorney for that District) or the Defandant and outline in the letter how the government broke the law and made a judgement error in my case? I would like to inform them why it would be advantageous for the Government to mediate with me and not take this to trial? I don't know if there is ever a time during a case, when I cannot communicate with the defendant or the lawyer on a one to one basis, but more than that, I was hoping some genius of a mediator or litagator out there could perhaps share with me some persuasion technics for said letter. And which one do you feel is the best way to go, arbitration or mediation? Anything else you can help me with as far as advice goes I would be most appreciative. (I know if it DOES go to court, I will probably lose on some stupid technicality that I wasn't aware of because I am not a lawyer, though I have researched this thing for 18 months now...sure wish I could afford an attorney, or at least find one that would help me on a contingency basis... but you know how that goes! :rolleyes: ) Thanks again.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">