• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about being fired and background check-please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashbrown

hello, i just had a couple questions about this subject. i am applying for a teaching position at a school and filled out an application. under employment history i listed my last 3 jobs out of 4. the unlisted job was 6 years old and i was terminated. all these jobs are typical high school/minimum wage jobs and have nothing to do with the position being applied for. i was also terminated from another position which i listed that was a mom and pop business and is now closed down. under reason for leaving i just put store closed down. i have to go through an FBI criminal background and fingerprinting process. i have no criminal record at all but the background check says it will search for a "completely executed application" and fingerprinting for criminal records. i have recently been contacted to provide phone numbers for previous employment because i forgot the numbers of the places i used to work and could not list them on the application as they were all many years ago( they said they needed at least 2 numbers to call for references and the ones i gave them are all legitimate) and the suggestion of once that is done they can get me back there to continue processing. my question is on a background check will my employment record come up? if it does come up will it state phone numbers, that i was fired and the reason why? it seems they are obviously more concerned with criminal records and they just needed to check employment references to verify that i was hireable and actually worked there so do you think i will have forseeable problems considering they already called the employment references i listed? any advice you can provide would be helpful. thank you in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">