• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about my lay off with servence package

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OritionX

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have a question about my recent lay off with my company. I had over 2 weeks worth of vacation time that I was eligible for but never had time to take because of the manner of the lay off. In the serverence package they gave us they said that The vacation time would be treated as it would in any normal termination and that it would NOT be paid to us(unless applicatble by law). The vacation time would not be included in ther servence package that they are paying us. I am wondering can they do that or is there any recourse that I could take.

Thanks

Betty

Ohio has no law requiring the payout of accrued vacation on termination for private employees. It would be up to co. policy or contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">