• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about my Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UnemployedinMO

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Back in September my husband and myself were working for the same company. He was terminated for some things that he did not do and within five minutes of him getting terminated I was as well.

I would like to know if I was discriminated against as on their applications it states, "All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, nation origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, or physical or mental disability."

Any help I can get with this would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Unemployed in MO

Beth3

Marital status discrimination doesn't work that way. You weren't fired because you were married, you were fired because of whom you were married TO. It may not have been fair but it was legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">