• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about place of employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patches1

What is the name of your state? TX

Recently I just came back from continuous FMLA to intermitatly FMLA and work part time. My doc stated in a letter that I would have to be off of work by 2 every day and that I would need Wed off and also the weekend while I am finishing up my treatments. My managers' boss stated that they could let me have wed off and be off work by 2 but they could not give me the weekend off. They could give me sat off but not sun and that if i didn't like it i could quit. I went to my HR Dept and they told me that they couldn't do anything about it and that that person is correct. Is there something I could do about this?

patches1

yes. I have to be off by 2 everyday except wed, sat and sun for treatments. Wed I have treatments all day and as for saturday and sunday, the docs state that they do not want me working the weekend because one of the treatments that I have on friday keeps me from being on my feet until Monday. I am not allowed to walk except to the restroom from friday - sunday. I also have to go into the hospital for this treatment on friday and am there for 4 - 5 hours for treatment to be completed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">