• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question regarding 2 wks notice in texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frogg80

What is the name of your state? texas

I gave my employer 2 weeks notice due to my finding a new job. she proceeded to yell at me and say she wanted me to leave immediately! so, now i won't have benefits and or pay for the next two weeks. is that legal or is she required to pay me benefits and pay since i gave 2 weeks notice. what is the texas law for this? thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The law in all 50 states is that an employer is not required to keep you on, pay you, or continue your benefits through the notice period. It is perfectly legal for her to ask you to leave immediately, and she does not have to pay you for the notice period or continue your benefits during it.

Have you asked your new employer if you can start sooner than initially planned?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">