• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

questionaire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cculon

What is the name of your state?tx
in the form of federal questionaire for employment, there is a question about if you have been fired for any reason. What should I answer to this question?Here is my case. I was terminated by the former employer, but I believe that I was discriminated due to my disability. EEOC is investigating it. I don't think I have to say, 'yes' to this question. Can you tell me what should i do?
Thank you.

Beth3

in the form of federal questionaire for employment, there is a question about if you have been fired for any reason. What should I answer to this question? You should answer truthfully.

I was terminated by the former employer, but I believe that I was discriminated due to my disability. EEOC is investigating it. I don't think I have to say, 'yes' to this question. Because you believe you were wrongfully terminated does not alter the fact that you were involuntarily terminated. The only thing that's in dispute with the EEOC is the REASON you were terminated, not whether you WERE terminated.

Can you tell me what should i do? Answer the question honestly and explain the circumstances in an interview.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
At the moment, you say yes, and you explain the circumstances.

Depending on the results of the investigation by the EEOC, it may be that in future you are able to answer differently. But right this minute, a truthful answer to that question is, yes, even though it may have been unfair or even illegal.

The worst possible thing an applicant can do is lie on an application form. And at the moment answering no, you have never been fired, is not correct.

Most employers will listen to the circumstances and make their judgement based on that. Few if any will forgive what appears to be a falsification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">