• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

questions about criminal history on application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CherylC

I was convicted of a misdemeanor count of minor in possession of alcohol at the age of 20. I am now 32. When a job application contains the question: "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?", must I answer yes? Is there any way to clear this from my record? (I live in Nebraska).

Thanks

Cheryl

D

dellsshop

RE:criminal background

It would be in your best interest to put down anything within in the last seven years. Look at the fine print though, because in some cases they will go farther then that depending on the business and the amount of money that the company has to invest in your background check.

C

CherylC

The job is with a public school system, so I don't know what to think. On the one hand, they have a big incentive to do thorough background checks, but on the other hand, they probably don't have a lot of money earmarked for it.

The question just reads: "Have you ever been convicted of a crime," so I guess I'd better just grit my teeth and confess.

Thanks!

Cheryl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">